There are no steps to follow.
On the Open Floor we shift from speaking with words to speaking with movement. It makes for very creative conversations.
If you have no idea what to do, try something below:
- Stay As with any meditation practice, distractions happen – expect them. Just gently bring your attention back to movement.
- Pace yourself No matter what the rest of the room is doing, listen to your body. If you relax in the beat, like a swimmer treading water, you’ll refuel.
- Stretch yourself If you always keep to yourself, include someone else in your dance. If you prefer dancing with a partner, try going solo. Slow down. Speed up. Experiment. Break a habit. Imitate somebody and see how it feels. Create your own remix of others' moves.
- It’s not about the music The teacher uses music to catalyze movement. Love it or hate it, how you respond is up to you. Use everything as fuel for your dance.
- Don't give up We all hit patches of fatigue, boredom, shyness, frustration, or discomfort. Even if you can only wiggle a finger or nod your head to the beat, stay with it until something changes. Most often, it will.
- Enjoy yourself Excessive seriousness will slow you down.